The Q1 2014 Halo Report has been released by the Angel Resource Institute, Silicon Valley Bank and CB Insights. The Halo Report analyzes angel investment activity and trends in the United States. Here are a couple interesting Q1 2014 highlights:
- The median angel round size jump to $980K (up from $750K in each of Q1 and Q4 2013);
- The median round size was $1.65M when angel groups co-invest with other types of investors;
- The median seed stage pre-money valuation increased slightly to $2.7M;
- Angel groups continue to primarily invest within their home state, with 75% of angel group investments made intrastate;
- California was the most active region for angel deals completed (at 17.7% of the total deals), however, the Great Lakes region accounted for the most total dollars invested (at 24.6% of total dollars invested); and
- The top three industry sectors attracting angel investment were Internet, healthcare and mobile, both in number of deals and total dollars invested – with the Internet sector accounting for the most deals and total dollars by a significant margin.