Today the Angel Resource Institute, Silicon Valley Bank and CB Insights released their angel group update for Q3 2012, the Halo Report. The Halo Report analyzes angel investment activity and trends in the United States. Here are a couple interesting highlights:
- The median angel round size was $640K;
- The median angel round size was $1.59M when angel groups co-invest with other types of investors;
- The median pre-money valuation for early stage angel group deals was $2.6M;
- California was the most active region for angel deals, both in number of deals (21.4%) and total dollars invested (28.0%); and
- The top three industry sectors attracting angel investment were internet, healthcare and mobile, both in number of deals and total dollars invested.